What the Bible says about Jesus

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.
The Good Seed and the Weeds The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Joshua Tree - Third Episode - Welcome to the Home of Mirages and the Horned Viper

Written and posted by Jean-Louis

WELCOME TO THE HOME OF MIRAGES AND THE HORNED VIPER
To read the preceding chapter,
click:  Here
 Whoever digs a pit may fall into it;
whoever breaks through a wall may be bitten by a snake.
If a snake bites before it is charmed,
the charmer receives no fee.
Eccl 10: 8-11
To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
Revelation 3:14: 17, 18.

AN UNUSUAL CONVERSATION Third Episode
Early in the morning Theophilus wakes up grumpy. After a night of disturbing dreams, he gets up and through his barely opened eyelids, he is able to make out the fuzzy silhouetteof a strange vision cut out on the background of an intense blue sky. Refusing to believe his weakened eye sight, he rubs his eyes trying to get a better focus on the scene.
“Good morning Theophilus. I hope you had a good night sleep”.
Now, he couldn’t believe what he heard. There at only a few feet distance, planted in the desert sand what appeared to be a tree or more exactly a cactus stood up, resembling the ones he had seen in the science books of his childhood.
Completely taken aback, his first reaction is to think: It is not happening. If I told my family and my friends, they would lock me up in a psychiatric ward. I must be hallucinating or I am seeing a mirage”.

-- Calm down, reassured Joshua who had read his thoughts, you are not going crazy. You can tell that I am real, can’t you? Are you bothered by my talking? Of course, it is a bit unnerving; your world is different and I can understand your reaction.
Relieved that after all he was not crazy -- who wants to look for lost marbles in the middle of the sandy desert floor without help from anyone? — Theophilus replied:

-- Are you kidding? As if it were natural to accept that a Joshua tree has the gift of speech, that he could care about a man and discuss things about which he does not have the slightest idea. Then, he remembered the preceding night’s conversation and blushed in shame at the thought that he had carried a conversation with a cactus in the desert. He had a furtive glance around to make sure that nobody had been a witness to this absurdly surreal scene.
Josh: -- You are right. I like to kid around. Well, then. Tell me the story of your life. I see you are passionate about adventure travels trying to find yourself. And how are you going to know if you finally found yourself if in the first place you don’t know who you are and what you look like?
Theo: -- Hey, watch it! You start annoying me. What about you? What do you look like? You can be proud of yourself, you found yourself, indeed, didn’t you? What a beautiful place to spend the rest of your life! Congratulations! Your master must be very proud of you. Tell me again, why can’t you speak clearly like everyone else?
-- Because you don’t have enough wisdom to understand the words of my master. But you are right. He is the one who gave me this responsibility which I am handling in the best way and also keeping his word. One day, when you meet him, you will understand.
-- I knew it! It is you who are incapable of intelligent reasoning. You are hiding behind someone else teaching. You cannot even have an original thought.
-- Ouch, Touché! But I forgive you. You have lost your way, you are not seeing clearly because your center of vision comes from Lao d’Sé. You believed in their remedies for your illness, didn’t you? Well, you can see the result. Now you see double!
-- It’s not true! I didn’t drink anything, I assure you.
-- It’s not a question of drinking. On your way, did you meet a sand viper with two horns that lies in wait for its victims and poisons them surreptitiously? The poison weakens their vision until they become incapable of telling the difference between reality and their own erroneous perceptions. For example, they are poor but believe that are rich, they think that darkness is light and are convinced that evil is good. The worst part is that they don’t realize that they are deceived because of the serpent’s power in his subtlety and his many disguises.
-- Rubbish! All this is philosophy! As for me, I have more pressing needs. I want to get out of this blasted desert to go back to my world where the cacti don’t talk nonsense about spells to people in dire need of help.
-- Well, then, I am ready to help you. Where are you going? What are you looking for?
-- Come on, it’s obvious! I want to go back where I come from and I am looking for the exit door.
-- Yes, of course, they all say the same thing. But there is a slight hitch; here as you know, we are in the desert. This is a very different place. People that are lost need a guide. But there is no way back and to get out of the desert, one has to go not through an exit door, for no such door exists, but through an entrance doorway. This is why my Master placed me on your path.
-- Not again, please. You are not going to bother me with your master. What can he do for me? Sell me a camel or a flying carpet? Or offer me a lamp with a genie inside? Does he live in an oasis nearby where he sells maps of the desert?
-- None of it. And by the way, the camel is too big, for the entrance door is very small. And He is the one who has the keys. He does not sell anything, but He alone can satisfy your thirst and your hunger, and give you new clothes that do not wear out. Moreover, he can heal you of your disease and restore your sight so that you will not lose your way again.
-- Stop making fun of me. Nobody is that generous a giver. There is no freebie in this world. Everything has a price, that’s the law. I simply need to gain my strength back, and find a pharmacy where I can buy some salve for my eyes that are irritated by this blasted sand.
-- I am afraid that your condition is a little more serious than you think. But you are not well enough yet to meet my Master. Get some rest in my shade and later, I will take care of your heart which right now is your most urgent concern. We will continue our chat once you feel better. Tomorrow, you will meet my brother who will help you find the Master of the Joshua trees.

My friends, take care until our next encounter.
Jean-Louis
To  continue reading the next episode click:  http://thelightseed.blogspot.com.br/2011/07/the-joshua-tree-desert-parable.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Short Single Sentence that Saved my Life

Interview: Jack Hibbs, Jonathon Cahn and Jason Sobel (Part 4) | Podcast ...

Most Visited