What the Bible says about Jesus

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.
The Good Seed and the Weeds The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Thursday, March 16, 2023

The Feet of the Messenger

The Feet of the Messenger

How beautiful upon the mountains
are the feet of the messenger who announces peace,
who brings good news,
who announces salvation,
who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.” Isaiah 52:7

 

So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have set you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you. Very truly, I tell you, servants are not greater than their master, nor are messengers greater than the one who sent them. If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them. John 13:14-17

And with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the the gospel of peace. Ephesians 6:15

 

 

It´s been two months                                

Since you appeared at my door

You came in gently without fanfare

And simply sat on the floor


Your grateful sheepish smile

Welcomed my invitation

To let you sit down

In a corner for a while


Like a young aphonic boy

His head among the stars

Under the veiled power

Of your unveiled charm


I invited you to sit on the throne

For it is not proper to offer the guest

A corner of the rug belonging

To the devoted servant


Then, taking a cushion

To rest your feet

Tired from the long voyage

I removed the used sandals

Full of dust covering

Their rare beauty


I took a basin and tenderly

I washed and dried them

Then, leaning to pray,

I warmed and blessed them

For these beautiful and fragile feet

Belong to the docile messenger

Proclaiming the Gospel of Peace.


Jean-Louis


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Short Single Sentence that Saved my Life

Crise de l'Occident: vivons-nous un choc des civilisations ?

Most Visited