- WHAT DO WE HAVE OF LASTING ETERNAL VALUE? let´s meditate on that.
- The Lord Jesus to the angel of the Church in Philadelphia: I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. Revelation 3:11.
- “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all surpassing power is from God and not from us.” II Corinthians 4:7.
- The jars of clay (our bodies). For God made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. II Cor. 4: 6.
The opposite that sounded also quite spiritual used to be the fashion statement when I grew up in Catholic France and was asked “ Are you a Catholic?” the answer would be: “I am not practicing but I believe”. The worst of it was that I really was living in a schizoid, make believe phony world of existential philosophy until
the Lord intervened and revealed himself, his unfailing grace and his love for me a miserable sinner that had broken every one of his commandments and offended his Glorious Majesty, thus deserving hell reserved for the devil, his angels and rebellious independent, self-sufficient human beings that refuse to acknowledge the sovereignty of their Creator over his creatures and receive on his terms his way of reconciliation and peace he provided through the substitute sacrifice of His son Jesus-Christ on the cross
- through the preaching of his Word,
- through my reading of the Beatitudes that revealed my total inability to measure up to God´s standard of holiness and earn my salvation through my own efforts, being a wretch that I was and
- my need for a Savior and
- the love and faith in action of the Christians around me.
- listen, hear, and through the convicting power of the Holy Spirit
- understand with an open and willing heart their natural propensity for sins, their incurable condition facing the just wrath of a Holy God,
- repent and receive Jesus-Christ who died for them and if they accept what the Bible say about who they are and who Jesus-Christ is,
- become saved by his grace through faith (given to them),
- believe in his name and become children of God (being born again),
- receiving forgiveness and eternal life through his resurrection.